Sunday, April 17, 2016

The perfect grad gifts (for high school and college grads)


It's already coming up on graduation season. Times flies! For anyone trying to buy the perfect gift that's useful past graduation it can be overwhelming. I'll give you my two-cents for the best gift for the grad in your life.

**Let me start off by saying you know the recipient better than me so keep that in mind. I'm providing a guide, not a list of rules. Get creative to celebrate this joyous accomplishment.

My first suggestion isn't what to buy, but rather what not to buy. I would suggest skipping over anything with the graduation year on it (i.e. a 2016 picture frame or key chain). It will be awesome for about a week, but with time it will not have the same appeal. When I graduated high school everything with my grad year was the best. When I started college it was kind of embarrassing. I feel like grad year gifts aren't really common for college grads. Needless to say, I would just altogether skip anything with a grad year and try to give something with a practicality that will last for years after receiving their diploma.


  • My first grad pick is for both college and especially high school grads- an Erin Condren Lifeplanner. These planners are amazing! If I would have owned one in college I would have been way more organized. They have 3 different layout options to choose from, multiple accessories, and are completely customized to you liking. If you go through this referral link and make an account you will receive $10 off your first EC purchase! 




  • My second grad pick is an 'adult' watch. Whether graduating high school or college, a mature, stylish watch is a great way to enter the workforce. I am partial to Fossil brand watches due to the affordability and the great 11 year warranty. (Why 11 years?...Such an odd number for a warranty. No pun intended.) Fun fact: Fossil makes Micheal Kors' watches so it's the same quality and more budget friendly. My best tip to figuring out what metal the grad might like is to see what jewelry they wear (easier with girls) or simply ask their parents. You can go directly through the Fossil website ( https://www.fossil.com/us/en.html )or I like shopping Macys'.com (http://www1.macys.com/shop/jewelry-watches/fossil-watches?id=57369&edge=hybrid&cm_sp=us_hdr-_-watches-_-57369_fossil_COL2) because they tend to have more sales.



  • Computers are a must-have for school and jobs. Everyone expects you have a computer. A nice laptop is a necessity for a college student. It's a gift they can use throughout their college career and beyond. The price of laptops have significantly dropped since I started college. 



  • Bags make great practical gifts that show their personality. For h.s. grads entering college and college grads continuing their education, the right bag can make a big difference. I preferred a backpack during my early college years and a large tote for my lighter days. For a backpack, I would prefer a L.L. Bean backpack. I had one for years and the quality is superb. They have free shipping and helpful customer service. They do offer monogramming for a small fee and include solid colors and fun prints. I would recommend the Deluxe back pack and the roomy deluxe plus back pack. These do not have laptop sleeves built-in the bags, but L.L. Bean do offer some with a sleeve.








http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/83531?feat=816-CL1&page=super-deluxe-book-pack
Here's the link to these and other back packs. http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/506219?page=school-backpacks&nav=3a-816      Another good back pack option for the special girl grad are Vera Bradley back packs. They offer those in different patterns, solid colors, and different styles. Vera Bradley bags come with a 6 month warranty. The campus back pack and the lighten up grande back pack are going to be my top choices. The price point is a little more expensive than L.L. Bean back packs, but there is more of a stylish element and more opportunities to include matching accessories. 




  • Lastly my favorite suggestion for the graduating gal are Alex and Ani bracelets ( http://www.alexandani.com/ ). Each bracelet has meaning which makes them ideal for gift-giving. The price point is mostly at $28 each. They are great for stacking and our popular with all ages. I will have multiple posts about this awesome American brand in the future so stay tuned. 


When in doubt cash and gift cards are easy gifts. Gift cards to the stores closest to where they will be living are good. *Throw in the gift card or cash into the zip ID I mentioned earlier.


Hope this helps guide you to a better gift giving experience for everyone! 
If  you have an suggestions for the perfect grad gift or your worst gift please let us know below!


No comments:

Post a Comment