Thursday, April 2, 2015

Battling back acne? I got your back

With warmer weather comes sweating and for some back acne (aka: bacne). I have dealt with my share of bacne, especially during my teen years and early 20's. I was incredibly nervous to wear my prom dress senior year of high school because of the dreaded bacne. Back breakouts can be embarrassing and painful. Anyone had a breakout around the bra straps? Ouch :(

It's a problem for both genders face. One of my guy friends disclosed he was too embarrassed to remove his shirt at the pool because of his back acne. Someone who is usually so confident was crushed. I felt bad for him and I told him my trick to controlling and eventually getting rid of bacne. It is easy and pretty affordable and only adds a few seconds to your showering routine.

What you need:

-A back brush. You can find these about anywhere. I've tried some from the dollar store and they were too flimsy. Target and Walmart have a good selection. Walmart is where I buy mine since they are firm enough and are cheaper than Target's selection.  


-A scrub of some sort. I would recommend a mild-to-moderate grit scrub. Nothing that leaves you back in pain. I use an apricot scrub, which is cheap and easy to find at just about any store. St. Ives makes good scrubs. I am fond of Walmart's brand, Equate, apricot scrub. It's comparable to St. Ives and only cost $2.00! 




How to banish bacne:
  • After washing your hair let the water hit your back for a few seconds.
  • Squirt enough scrub to cover the back brush head. Sometimes it helps to pat into the brush so it doesn't just fall off in the shower. 
  • Now scrub your back! Pretty simple, eh?
  • Thoroughly rinse your back off.

If possible I would do the following every night before going to bed if you have been outside and active or every other night. This way you aren't going to bed all sweaty and sleeping in the day's filth. For the ladies out there, try to make sure you are washing/changing your bras often. 



Well I hope this quick tip helps people battle back acne and regain confidence to wear a tank top or go the pool :)

No comments:

Post a Comment